As anyone who has ever purchased a piece of fine jewelry knows, it is crucial to ensure that the piece is authentic. With so many fake designer items on the market, it can be difficult to tell the real from the fake. Movado is one of the world’s leading luxury watch brands, and their watches are highly sought after by collectors and fashionistas alike. So how to tell if a Movado watch is real?
How to Tell if a Movado Watch is Real?
Movado watches are coveted for their sleek, minimalist design. But with knockoffs flooding the market, it can be challenging to know if you’re getting the real thing. Here are a few things to look for when you’re trying to spot a fake Movado watch:
- The first thing to check is the weight of the watch. Movado watches are made with high-quality materials and are therefore considerably heavier than their counterfeit counterparts. If the watch feels light, it’s likely a fake.
- Next, take a look at the dial. A genuine Movado watch will have a simple, uncluttered face with a single dot at 12 o’clock representing the sun at high noon. If the dial is busy or takes on a different shape, it’s not an authentic Movado.
- The back of a genuine Movado watch will be engraved with the Movado logo.
- Check for typos and make sure the printing is correct. The face of a genuine Movado watch will either say Swiss Movado Made or Swiss Made and be crisply printed. Anything less than the real thing is a fraud.
- Examine the market and see what you can save. Regular prices for fake Movados range from $100 to $200; however, some have been known to go as high as $400. Prices for authentic Movados often range from $ 500 to $5,000.
- Finally, scrutinize the band. Movado uses top-of-the-line leather and stainless steel for their bands, so it should feel substantial and look luxe. If the band is flimsy or looks cheap, it’s probably not the real deal.
Keeping these things in mind means avoiding being duped by a fake Movado watch.
|Movado 0607316 Blue Dial Brown…
|Movado Bold 3600695 Black Dial…
|Movado Men’s Signature Yellow…
Contact customer service
The best way to check Movado’s authenticity is to contact customer service. They will be able to verify the serial number on the Movado watch and tell you for sure whether or not it is a genuine Movado watch since every Movado watch has a unique serial number that can be used to verify its authenticity. In addition, they may also be able to provide you with information on where to purchase authentic Movado watches. So if you’re thinking about buying a Movado watch, be sure to check its authenticity first.
Ask an expert
You did it! You finally took the plunge and bought that Movado watch you’ve been eyeing for months. But now that you have it, something doesn’t feel quite right. Could it be fake? The best way to know is to take it to an expert. A trained eye will be able to spot a fake Movado quickly, so you can either return the watch or get your money back. In addition, the expert will be able to tell you how to spot a fake Movado in the future, so you can avoid being scammed again. So don’t wait—if you’re unsure about the authenticity of your Movado watch, take it to an expert as soon as possible.
Buy from an authorized dealer
Our last and best advice to get a genuine, authentic Movado watch is to buy from an authorized dealer. Not only will you be guaranteed to get an authentic Movado watch, but you’ll also have peace of mind knowing that your purchase is backed by a warranty. Authorized dealers also have access to Movado’s customer service team, so if you have any issues with your watch, they will be able to help you resolve them.
To find an authorized Movado dealer near you, visit their website (movado.com) and use the dealer locator tool. With some research, you can be confident that you’re getting the best possible watch for your money.
Movado watches are known for their simple, elegant design. But with the increasing popularity of Movado watches, there are more fakes on the market than ever before. So those tips and advice mentioned above will help you know how to tell if a Movado watch is real and how to get the best of your money.