Shinola is a luxury watch company that uses American-made textiles, sustainable packaging, and high-quality timepieces. Shinola was started in 2011 by Tom Kartsotis, founder of Fossil watches. In this article, I’ll show you how to change the date on the Shinola watch.
How to change the date on the Shinola watch?
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t give much thought to your watch unless it’s not working properly. But if you have a Shinola watch, it’s important to know how to change the date. Here’s a quick guide on how to do just that:
- To get to position II, pull the crown away from the case (one click)
- Turn the crown in a clockwise direction until the date wheel shows the date from yesterday.
Example: If today is the second, turn the crown until the date window shows the first.
- Then move the crown to position III (one more click – the hands will stop moving)
- Next, we’ll change the time to ensure your date and AM/PM are right.
- Turn the crown in a clockwise direction until the date wheel shows today’s date.
You are now at 12:00AM, which is midnight.
- Turn the crown in a clockwise direction until you reach the right time for today.
- If it’s after noon today, turn the clock forward 12 hours before setting the time (so that your watch knows it’s the evening).
- Once the time and date are set, reseal the crown by pressing it against the case until the threads catch and turning it clockwise until tight (flush against the watch case)
And here is a video from Shinola on Youtube explaining how to change the date on Shinola watch:
That’s all there is to change the date on your Shinola watch! Remember to be gentle with the winding knob, so you don’t damage it.
How to change the time on a Shinola watch?
If you need to change the time on your Shinola watch, it’s easy to do. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide:
- Pull the crown out until it is farthest from the case (the movement will stop)
This is the second spot for watches without a date (1 click)
This is the third spot for watches with a date (2 clicks)
- Turn the crown until the time is right.
Clockwise: time goes forward
When you turn clockwise, the time goes backwards.
- Once the time is set, press the crown against the case until it is tight (flush against the watch case)
You can watch the video above from Shinola to see how to change the time on your Shinola watch.
There you have it! You now know how to change the date on your Shinola watch. Whether you need to do it for aesthetic reasons or because you’re travelling to a new time zone, it’s easy to do and only takes a few seconds. With this knowledge, you can keep your Shinola watch looking great and accurate no matter where you go.